A special thank you to Capilano Playschool and Ms. Asha who has
Thank you to all the generous donations and volunteer time that together
Donations have poured in and we are in the thick of things
Just like that we are ‘bag’ in business 🙂 In consultation with
Many people ask us what the contents of an “ideal bag” would be. If you are looking for ideas on what to donate, check out the lists below. We ask that you only donate NEW items.
For Society St. Vincent de Paul
As in past years, we will be donating any additional items that we receive that don’t make it into our bags, to the Society of St. Vincent De Paul, to give to the less fortunate in Edmonton. The Society of St. Vincent de Paul (SSVP) is a Christian organization that offers help to all people in need regardless of their race, religion or ethnicity.
The following items are distributed free of charge to people in need primarily through the SSVP clothing room. Please visit their website to make a donation at anytime throughout the year.
Some of the items St. Vincent needs for donation are:
- warm gloves for men
- ski mitts/gloves for men, women and children
- winter boots for men, women and children
- long johns for men
- toques and scarves for men
- warm socks for men, women and children
- steel-toed work boots (needed for temporary jobs)
- toothpaste and toothbrushes
- deodorant (for men and women)
- first aid ointment (small size)
- shampoo (250 ml size or smaller)
On behalf of those we serve, thank you for your support!